Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Finished sweater

One of my UFOs has finally become a finished object!  This sweater has been languishing in my unfinished objects box for absolutely ages, with the back, a sleeve, and three-quarters of the other sleeve finished.  I dug it out the other day, finished the sleeve and knitted up the front.

It's been years since I did a V-neck, so I totally stuffed up the neck to start with, and had to unpick it all to start again. I'd forgotten to do the decreases that make the nice tidy V shape at the neck centre. Doh!

Anyway, some two years after I started it, my sweater is now complete, and fits nicely.  It's made in Stylecraft Special DK, colour copper, and is knitted to a Crucci pattern from their pattern book 24 that I picked up years ago in an op-shop for a massive 10c!

I like it so much I've started another in the same pattern.  I'm just hoping it doesn't take another two years before that one gets finished!!

0 comments:

Vintage China for sale

http://www.vintage-china.co.uk

Postage prices held, despite the recent Royal Mail price hike!

Card Challenges