Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Friday, 6 April 2012

Knitted Easter Chickens

I saw a lovely idea yesterday over on a fellow home educator's blog, for making little knitted Easter Chickens.  Very simple to make, and if your children can knit, one they can join in with.

None of my boys can knit, so with a bit of left-over yarn from some squares I've been knitting up towards my knitted square blanket (133 down, 187 to go!), I knitted them one each, and you can see two of them below.  A bit of red felt sewn on for the comb, and as I didn't have any self adhesive googly-eyes, I improvised and cut a little black felt triangle and did the eye centre with a bit of Tippex!

I'll pop a little chocolate egg into each one on Easter Sunday, and they can form part of the egg hunt :)

Knitted Easter chickens
A great idea, thanks Lisa for tweeting about it!

1 comments:

Lisa White said...

Love the chickens they are super cool! Loving the eyes! Thanks for the mention and link up aswell x :)