Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Hand Knitted Hat and Bootee Sets and more books

In yesterday's post, I mentioned I'd knitted up some hat/bootee sets for the Yorkshire Crafts shop.  Today, I managed to get one set made up, photographed and listed in the shop all in the same day. Quite an achievement for me!  I have a darker royal blue set to finish, and also a gorgeous plum set which includes a pair of mittens as well, but for now there's a lovely turquoise hat/bootees set available in the shop for £6.50, which includes postage to a UK address.


To see a bigger photograph, visit the shop listing.

I also got an email from the local library this morning, letting me know that some of the books I'd ordered were ready for collection.  Lots of Usborne goodies!  I do try books from other publishing houses, but for some reason, I keep coming back to Usborne.  It's simple really, their books are very, very good.

For some reason, they'd sent two different copies of "Prehistoric World", which I was in too much of a rush to notice as we were in a hurry to get to the doctors, so I ended up checking out both copies and only realising my mistake when I got them home.  Apart from the fact that one says "internet linked" on the front and the other doesn't, the content hasn't changed over time, just the cover.

Copies of all barring the "Big book of Christmas things to make and do" have now been ordered, so we should soon have our own books to add to our ever-expanding home library soon!  You can expect reviews of some of these appearing on the blog in the not-too-distant.

0 comments: