Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Thursday, 15 March 2012

Mum's the word

Is it a bit off to make your own Mother's day card?  Well if it is, tough!  My littlest boy's only 2 and although he did make me a lovely card at his playgroup yesterday, I wanted a really pretty card as well.

As soon as I saw this gorgeous image over at Elisabeth Bell Designs, I knew I wanted it for my Mother's day card this year, and I'm entering my card into My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges Mum's the Word challenge.


I found a great piece of ivory card in a bumper pack I'd picked up, which I've inked with purple and made into the card base, the image has been coloured with a mixture of watercolour and Promarkers, then put on a pretty purple backing that also came with the pack.  I've added two purple rose embellishments from my stash, along with a lilac bow.  The inside has been stamped with my one and only mother-y sentiment "To a Special Mum".

Mr YC will get Possum to sign the card later, and I shall thoroughly enjoy getting this on Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Gaynor said...

What a fab card, love the image and the colours chosen, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT xx