Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Saturday, 31 March 2012

I need a present for

Don't you just hate it when one of the smalls drops the following bombshell:

  1. I need a costume for so-and-so,  it's tomorrow, or
  2. It's {insert name of relevant child here}'s birthday tomorrow, I need a present and a card
In this instance it was option 2 that greeted me when Young Sir arrived this weekend, so after spending what seemed an inordinate amount of time trying to extract information from YS as to what his friend liked, we came up with two definites:  Moshi Monsters, and drawing.

Having never heard of said Moshi Monsters, I googled them and discovered they're part of some sort of  online social networking for kids, where the child "adopts" one of these pixel characters.  Googling a bit further and I found some printables, so downloaded a couple of things.

A quick hunt through the craft cupboard turned up a sketch pad, so this was covered with some Moshi paper, and a name tag.

A coordinating bookmark - this particular friend loves reading - followed, together with a matching card.  I'm entering the card into CES Challenge Blog's challenge #79, No Girls Allowed.



A couple of days ago, I'd been looking up making a fabric cover for a notebook and while searching, I found a great tutorial for a sketch book cover, and decided to adapt this into a case to hold not only the altered notebook, but also a set of 12 colouring pencils and a couple of pens.

Here's what I ended up with, and I put a little "skull-n-crossbones' motif under where the sketch pad sits, and slotted the bookmark in behind the pad so it doesn't get lost.



I hope Young Sir's friend likes his truly unique and personalised birthday gift.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems a fantastic idea, how do you make, not very clever with needle and thread.are there instructions?