Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Thursday, 9 February 2012

A blue and white Christmas

When I was growing up, I remember my Mum alternating the Christmas decorations, with one year being the more traditional red/green/gold and the following year being blue, white and silver.  I always looked forward to the blue and silver years, as somehow the tree always seemed to look nicer in these colours.

I've been experimenting lately with stitching on paper/card and have been making some stitched Christmas baubles with a view to getting well ahead with my stash of Yuletide cards so I don't have the same mad rush as I did last year, where horror of horrors, I ended up buying cards instead of making them.

I put this card together last night to salt away with my Christmas card stash, and this morning found what I think is the perfect challenge to enter it into, over on Winter Wonderland's 'blue and white' challenge.  I'm hoping they'll forgive the few silver embellishments as these were already on the card before I found the challenge!

I'm also entering this for Christmas Crafting Challenge #8 - Blue, White and Silver.

4 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

I adore this image, and gorgeous shades of blue and a perfect creation for our challenge this week at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

meg said...

Great card for the Christmas Crafting Challenge this month I love the overall effect blue and white are my favourite xmas clours too.

Donna Ellis said...

I enjoyed reading about your childhood Christmases, and new venture in stitching. What an amazing job you have done on this card! So unique and beautiful in the metallics! Thanks for sharing your stories, and your sweet card.

Debbie said...

This is beautiful and so elegant. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
Debbie x