Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Tuesday, 21 February 2012

7-year old Birthday bling

It's Mr YC's great-niece's birthday soon, and like most soon-to-be 7 year old girls, she's very into handbags, shoes and jewellery.  She's also extremely fond of pink, purple and gold.

I spotted a bargain priced stamp set in town yesterday, and immediately thought of Charley when I saw it.  I inked around the card edge with the purple inkpad that came with the set, stamped the dress in black and coloured it with a pink gel pen, adding some glitter around the edges, and a paper-pieced panel.  The flower centres are coloured with a gold glitter gel pen.  The bag, shoes, mirror and necklace are stamped in a gold ink from an Anna Griffin set, and I've added a bit of silver glitter-glue bling to the mirror.

The 'princess' part of the sentiment came with yesterday's stamp set, with the 'birthday' part from another stamp, as the original said "pretty princess" and I wanted to make this into a birthday card.  I've also added more "bling" in the form of some sparkly purple glitter around the sentiment.  The card is finished off with some gold ribbon from my stash, and I made a matching bow.

The theme over on CAS-ual Fridays this week is a party card with ribbon, so I'm entering this card there in challenge CFC40, and as adding glitter to any card is totally out of my comfort zone, I'm also entering this week's "Fab and Funky" try something new challenge #108.

2 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Very cute card fit for a princess :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx