Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Tuesday, 1 February 2011

So you wanna be famous?

It's been a busy day today, and I've added our latest Nina hats to the YorkshireHandKnits shop.  Nina is now available in violet, jade green and clematis pink.  All the hats are hand knitted to our exclusive design, and are made in lovely soft 100% acrylic yarn.

If I had any qualms at all about making my garments from synthetic yarn rather than pure wool, I needn't have worried.  I've offered wool to everyone who's asked for a custom hat, only to be met with "too itchy" or words to that effect.  Most people, it would seem, prefer synthetic.

Clematis Pink Nina Hat


Jade Green Nina Hat
Violet Nina Hat

I've also made a lovely one-off exclusive, the "Spring Time" hat, which again, is made from synthetic yarn.  This pretty hat is made in soft spring green with an attractive fair-isle type stranded band around the centre, depicting a pale pink cherry-like pattern.

Spring Time Hat

The third hat I'm showcasing today (I do seem to be on a bit of a hat-theme at the moment!) is currently nameless, other than being the February hat.  I think somewhere at the back of my mind is the idea to design one each month for a year, and then probably publish the patterns as an e-book.

I did title this post "So you wanna be famous?"  OK, so I can't actually promise you world fame or anything quite so heady, but I can promise to name a hat after you ... well, one of you, anyway.

Un-named hat for February

The first person to purchase our new hat - either the one pictured above or a bespoke one in your choice of colour - will have the hat (and the pattern) named after them.

I've already got next month's hat on the needles, but for now, that one's being kept firmly under wraps.

All the hats are available to purchase from http://bit.ly/eLaO7I

0 comments:

Vintage China for sale

http://www.vintage-china.co.uk

Postage prices held, despite the recent Royal Mail price hike!

Card Challenges