Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Tuesday, 18 January 2011

New Hat Design - "Nina"

I love designing my own knitting patterns, and a year or so back I created the "Horseshoe" baby hat, an example of which is available as a hat and mittens set in the Yorkshire Hand Knits shop.

And it was while I was uploading a whole load of new products to the shop the other day and tweeting the links as I added them, that I was asked via Twitter whether I made hats for adults as well as babies.  I don't make too many knitted garments that aren't for little ones, but I'm always pleased to make hats and fingerless gloves on request.

As a result of our convo, I was commissioned to make a bespoke adult sized hat in the same horseshoe lace pattern, and "Nina" was born.  Apart from obviously making a much bigger, more grown-up version, I've also made a few other alterations to the design, including lengthening the brim turn-up and working the crown to flow better out of the pattern.  I must say I'm delighted with the result, and I certainly hope the recipient is equally delighted with her new hat.

The "Nina" Hat
Close-up of the pattern
If anyone else would like to order their very own custom made "Nina", which will be made from really soft and cuddly acrylic yarn, please send me an email via the Yorkshire Hand Knits website.  Hats cost £12.50 each and the price includes postage to the UK mainland.  A range of colours is available, although I can't keep them all in stock - Mr YC would have an apoplectic fit if I did.  Let me know what your colour preferences are and I can always order your colour specially for you.

I'm going to be making a violet one next, so if you want it, shout now, otherwise I might just decide to keep it for myself!

Alternatively, if you'd like to make your own "Nina", the pattern is available for purchase, again through the YHK website.  Simply add the pattern to your cart, check out, and it'll be sent to you via email as a PDF.

0 comments: