Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Saturday, 29 January 2011

Good Girl, Bad Girl ...

I've been a good girl this week.  I've knitted up 5 balls of wool from my (rather large) stash to make some more of our lovely "Nina" hats, including a lovely moss green one for a custom order.

Custom-made Nina hat
I also managed to finish the new website for showcasing and selling some of our (equally large) collection of vintage china that's rather taken over parts of the house.  These gorgeous goodies can be found on the Vintage China site.

Docaster Minster

Then we went to Doncaster.  We usually go to the very excellent market at Barnsley, but when I heard that the markets at Donny had just been awarded the prestigious "Best UK Market" award, we had the perfect excuse to go and check them out.

I must say the market is very impressive, and very large.  The meat and fish markets are superb, as is the fruit and veg section, which is located outside the main market building.  There's also every conceivable thing you could possibly want at Doncaster market, from clothing to garden ornaments, and of course several stalls selling sewing stuff and wool. 

And that's where things began to fall apart.  I spotted a lovely pale green Colclough trio on one of the antique stalls, and I also found an absolutely gorgeous cream and gold Meakin 15pc coffee set.

1940s Colclough Harlequin Tea Trio
Gorgeous Meakin coffee set
Things really went pear-shaped when I got to the wool stall.  I mean, what's a girl to do when she's faced with a huge array of yarn in such gorgeous colours?  Well, buy some of course.  So my good work of using up some of my stash went out the window and 5 new balls of wool were acquired - much to the chagrin of Mr YC who, I suspect, had rather hoped the stash might diminish.  No such luck!

5 new balls of wool, plus the latest Clematis "Nina" WIP
I can feel some hat and glove sets coming soon to YorkshireHandKnits.  Oh, and to cap off a really good day?  I got an email saying I'd been accepted to sell my hand knits on the fantastic KiddieBase website.  Woohoo!!

0 comments: