Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Two years in the making

I've finally finished a sweater that's been nearly two years in the making.  That makes me sound like I'm a really slow knitter.  I'm not!



I started this sweater back in Feb 2009,  I made the back and a sleeve, and the jumper got put away while I concentrated on making baby clothes for the latest impending arrival.  And I never really stopped.  Making baby clothes, that is.

There's something immensely rewarding about being able to create gorgeous little items that are finished quite quickly, and my poor sweater ended up being ignored while I knitted my way through around 35km of baby yarn.  Yeah, sad I know, but I did work out how much wool I'd knitted!  It wasn't until Mr YC reminded me about my UFO (one of many!) that I dug it out again and started on the second sleeve.

My finished sweater is  a very simple pattern called "Sampler Stitch Sweater" from a lovely book of Crucci designs that I picked up years ago for ten cents in a thrift store over in Australia.  I'd say it was 10c well spent!

The photo above doesn't really do it justice, but a larger version - which shows a little more detail of the pattern - can be seen here http://twitpic.com/2vo13

0 comments: