Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Thursday, 14 October 2010

Mini Review - Debbie Bliss: The Knitter's Year


I love this book!

Having been the first person to take it out from the library, I was most upset at having to return it.  I want one, I want one, I want one.  And while I know (or at least it's what I tell the kids!) that I want doesn't get, I'm so adding this book to my Christmas list.

"The Knitter's Year" is the perfect present for anyone who knits, or indeed for anyone who's just starting out knitting as nearly all the 52 projects in it are very straightforward and all are intended to be completed in a week, and in a lot of cases, considerably less than a week.

The book is set out in four sections, with projects for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter and there are some fantastic makes.   From a classic pair of gloves, a funky summer beach bag and delicate tea-light holder covers, to practical things like sewing needle cases, there's something to appeal to every knitter out there.  Many of the designs would be ideal to give as gifts and I know I'd be delighted to receive any one of them as a present.

So far, the only pattern I've tried is the one for needle cases.  Debbie has generally used more muted, gentle shades for the makes in this book.  As per usual, I've gone for something bold and bright for my version.



"The Knitter's Year" is a must!  Need I say more?

0 comments: