Yorkshire Crafts

My Photo
Yorkshire Crafts
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Designer/maker of hand knitted, hand crafted, handmade items, avid collector and reluctant seller of vintage china, mum, home-educator and book lover. Blogging about our crafts and makes, our home education journey, and reviews of books we use.
View my complete profile

Copyright

We really hope you enjoy reading about our projects and products, but just because they're featured here in public, doesn't mean anyone else can copy them or reproduce them for commercial gain. Except where otherwise indicated, all items are ©YorkshireCrafts.

Vintage Watering Can

Vintage Watering Can

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
©Yorkshirecrafts. Powered by Blogger.

Daffodil

Daffodil
Friday, 15 October 2010

Friday Find: Owls

Welcome to our first "Friday Find", where we highlight a product or products we like.  I hope this will become a regular Friday event, so if you'd like to suggest something you think we should feature, please let us know.

This weeks find:  Owls

Now I'm normally more of a frog person than an owl person, but I just love these little guys made by designer/maker Nina Mistry-Rhoades, aka Little Blue Elephant.   I first noticed these little fellas when Nina asked for feedback on a couple of Owl's mates, and I fell in love with them. They're so cute!  

Nina also makes lovely tote bags, lavender bags and the most gorgeous sleepy elephants, which I'm sure would make ideal gifts and a wonderful addition to any child's toy collection.  They just cry out to be cuddled, and I wish I'd had one for Junior when he was a baby.



I must credit Nina for being the owly inspiration behind one of my own makes, an owl-themed pocket tissue cover.  I'm actually quite pleased with the way it turned out, and it's a perfect way to keep those tissues tidy in a pocket or handbag, so I'll be adding some to the http://www.yorkshirehandknits.com website soon.  Thanks Nina for inspiring these :)

If anyone would like to see more of Nina's lovely owls, and her other makes, just visit her Flickr stream http://www.flickr.com/photos/5littleelephants/ or contact her via twitter @ninamistry to discuss buying/commissioning a piece.

0 comments: